Wednesday, September 28, 2011


hOuSeWaRmInG pArTy 9*17*11
We have moved and are starting to feel semi-settled. Buying our first home has been such a beautiful process. God's hand was clearly in it from the beginning. We first saw the home as a short sale. We put an offer on it and about 5 weeks later learned that it did not go through due to the owners bank not accepting a short sale. So we kept looking. I kept my eye on MLS and saw it pop back up about a month later. "Could it really be on the market as a foreclosure so quickly?" I pondered. Well turns out it was! And so we made another offer on the home, only this time for less money! And we got it!
We got the keys on August 5th and you better believe we camped out in the new digs the first night. We brought a borrowed air mattress, the pack n play, Nevaeh and the coffee maker. It was fabulous. We didn't get much sleep but we have great memories of the first night!
And of course when God blesses you with a fabulous new house, the next thing in order is a PARTY! so we sent out about 60 housewarming invitations and on Saturday, September 17, about 45 people joined us in breaking in the new house. Unfortunately I didn't take ANY pictures at the party, just pre-party! Boo! I need to get better at remembering to have my camera with me at all times! Our beautiful neighbors on both sides came over and we met them. Friends and family attended. Even my sweet parents and brother drove in from Prescott and San Diego just to help us celebrate! Love them!
There is no significance of the color choice (someone asked me that). Peter and I just went to Walmart and picked out the table clothes we liked. Then I went to the fabric store to pick out fabric to make my pennant banner. Super easy! And I bought tissue paper at target and made some cute and easy pom poms. The center pieces were an idea from Pinterest, Kerr bottles with clear stones at the bottom, filled 3/4 with water and a floating candle. I tied Raffia around the neck to add a little flair. Cute!
The backyard is definitely one of our favorite parts of the house! It won't be long before Nevaeh is running all around it! and Daddy chasing her of course.
We had a blast with all of our friends and family and are so thankful for everyone who was able to make it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment